My Android apps of choice, many of which are cross-platform services.
- Weather Widget - You have to see it to believe it. This is the first thing I put on a new phone.
- Windy - To be honest, I find the app is a little much for what I need, but it has great widgets.
- Weawow - Again, I don't personally use the app itself much, but nice widgets and you can set the widgets to report "feels like" temps (wind chill/humidex) which I prefer. (Why yes, I do have SIX different weather widgets spanning two of my home screens.)
Twitter, News, RSS
- Twitpane - I can't live with out this. How do you Twitter without this app?
- Tweecha - I love it almost as much as Twitpane. When I'm reading Blue Jays baseball Twitter on delay, this is the app I use to keep "current" in my "alternate timeline."
- Gravity (Yes, the old Nokia Twitter app on Android! Nostalgia!)
- Slide for Reddit - Don't forget to set up Synccit to sync between devices and with the website. ("Old Reddit" website only, though.)
- Flym News Reader - A simple, but elegant RSS feed reader. My fave to use, but does not synchronize with any online feed reader.
- Feed Me RSS/Podcast - The closest thing to Flym that syncs (I use Old Reader, but it works with several options.)
- Listonic (shared/synced shopping lists)
- Pocket (read later/archive)
- Sync (Canadian cloud storage, shared folders)
- Google Sheets (shared data)
- Mobile Doc Scanner
- Google Photos
- F-Stop Gallery - A powerhouse photo gallery app for viewing/organizing with tags, ratings etc.
- Piktures - Another beautiful gallery app, if you don't want something like F-Stop.
- pFolio (for Google Photos; dev has other apps for other services like Flikr etc.)
- Snapseed - The photo editor I keep coming back to for tweaks, especially easy to use selective and brush edits (i.e. lightening up just a bird's face)
- Polarr Photo Editor - One of the few RAW photo editors for Android, and good denoise tools. I'll often put photos through this before making some adjustments in Snapseed.
- Photo Editor - Powerful, full-featured, no-nonsense editor for photo edits as well as adding text etc.
- Rename Photos and Videos
- Forestry - Static site CMS that syncs/commits a Jekyll/Gatsby/Hugo blog
- MrHyde - Jekyll blogging on Android
- Stackbit - Edit on-page, share previews and monitor builds without ever leaving your site
- TV Show and Movie Tracker - Trakt client
- Simon's Cat - Crunch Time - This is my Candy Crush
- Dragon Academy - This was my Candy Crush until I eventually finished it. Old and hasn't been updated in years, but maybe it still works on new devices?